Well, we survived our longest stretch of time away from our hometown: five months. Obviously we will be going stretches much longer than this when we are overseas, but this was a good warm-up. :) I guess the saying is correct that absence makes the heart grow fonder...our visit home was so wonderful. We had really missed our family and friends!! We were ready for a visit.
Here are some highlights from our time home over Easter weekend...
- August got to meet both of his great-grandmas. I love these two ladies. They are the best.
Great-grandma "Noni"
Great-grandma Lil
- We spent some time with our good friends Brandon and Amber and their three awesome kids. :)
Enjoying the warm weather!
The "twins"
Jonah plays SO well with our boys. They love him!!
The whole crew :)
- My friend Adrianne came over one day with her four kids.
Ivy and Kyla get along really well!
We got to meet Hadley, and they got to meet August.
- The kids did an Easter egg hunt at my parents' house.
- I got to spend a relaxing lunch with some friends at one of our favorite little restaurants.
- We got to spend some time with Uncle Jordan! Yay!
- We went to Aaron's parents' house for Easter. It was gorgeous out.
Ivy was so excited to finally wear her Easter dress.
Addi and Israel did this for so long...Addi would blow bubbles, and Israel would chase them way out into the field. :)
The kids got to open Christmas presents...in April! Since our plans changed last minute at Christmastime because of August's birth, we weren't home to celebrate Christmas, and Aaron's brother and sister-in-law saved the kids' presents until we saw them. :)
My awesome sister-in-law, Jenny
Aaron's bro, Chris
- The kids got to do some fishing with Grandpa Jim. They all really liked it...especially Israel.
Waiting patiently...
Ivy gave it a try, too.
I love Israel's expression in this one!
Yay, Israel!
Love this view from my parents' deck. It feels like home to me.
Our weekend was also full of seeing friends from church, talking about missions with people, tractor rides for the kids, getting to see our house for this summer (that we are so excited about...praising God for it!), working ahead on some homework, and catching up with parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and friends.
Thankful for the five-month stretch of growth we had away from our hometown, but also thankful for the sweet time we had with family and friends!





6 comments:
It is amazing how much you guys packed into 5 days. We enjoyed it as much as you (if not more).
I was also amazed how well your kids do around Macy (our dog) -hardly any fear. They also all did well with the fishing.
Grandpa Jim
We had so much fun with you guys! Our kids are still talking about all of you! Love you all :)
such a fun post - looking forward to seeing you this summer!
LOVE those fishing pictures :)
Ivy and that cute other little girl really do look like twins!
Thanks, Jill for all the pictures. We really enjoyed being with you. I didn't get to hold August long enough. I thought I could hold him after supper but it was time to go to bed. He is such a good baby. Love GGMA
I agree with dad -- we LOVED having you all here. It was such a great "long weekend"!
love you
mom
Post a Comment