Our semester ended at NTBI, and that meant some of our close friends graduated and will be moving on to the Missionary Training Center in Missouri. We'll see them again in about eight months, when we move there. We will miss them so much until then, though!
L-R: Frieddy, Johanna, me, Aaron
Another friend of mine, Enoch, graduated with her husband last week also. Before we left, she taught me how to make the MOST AMAZING meal I think I have ever had in my life. I think it is called "Pad Thai" or something like that. She made it for us about a month ago, so I asked her if she could possibly teach me. She willingly did, so I documented it step by step with pictures as well as lots and lots of notes in a notebook. It's not really a cut and dry recipe, so I filled up a few sheets with notes about how she did each step. I haven't tried to make it by myself yet, but I'm hoping to soon!
The last couple days of our semester were filled with a lot of baking as we prepared to come home for Christmas break. Ivy helped me in the kitchen a lot!
And now we are staying in Nathan and Rachel's "villa" for the week. They are still in Michigan for a few more days, so they let us stay here. We are absolutely loving it! It is furnished and even decorated for Christmas for us!
Our kids are loving the new surroundings and toys and books, too!
We'll be here in our hometown for the next three weeks. We already have lots of plans to hang out with many of our friends and family, and we are thoroughly enjoying the time reconnecting with everyone!
4 comments:
Were you by chance making the pretzel caramel chocolate bark?! The holiday drug?! :) Also - I'm sure you are busy busy busy! But would love to see you guys if possible :)
Yum yum yum, u might need to post that pad Thai recipe! :)
Looking forward to the next few weeks as well. I have a feeling Ivy is going to rival you for being the best ccok/baker some day.
Grsndpa Jim
great having you near:) and pretty soon really near:) that meal looks like work! but I am sure it is good:)
love you
gma jan
Post a Comment