Sunday, September 18, 2011

Campus Picnic

On Saturday, we had a campus-wide picnic for all of the students and staff at New Tribes Bible Institute. It was held at a really beautiful campground by a lake about a half hour from Jackson.



Ivy was just starting to feel better, as she was very sick all week last week. She had a good time though, and I think she was just glad to get out of the apartment finally!


She got to hang out with her new friend, Asa, who is only 3 days older than Ivy.


He is such a cutie! We ate our supper with Asa and his parents (I think Stephen may have been climbing a tree when I took this picture...)


and of course Nathan and Rachel and their family :)

  

After supper we talked to new friends,


watched Nathan and Rachel compete in a bubble blowing contest (they didn't win...good try, though, guys! :)),


watched some students attempt to "loose rope walk,"


and had a bonfire later.

Ivy tried to eat some tasty bark she found on the ground (trying to build her immune system back up I guess :)),


played in the stones with her cousins,


rode around on her papa's shoulders,




and hung out with Asa for a long time in a swing-built-for-two.



These two are so adorable together :) I said I need to get some really cute pictures of them now, just in case they get married someday!



Israel was there, too, but he slept the entire time in my wrap (actually not my wrap...Asa's mom is the one who is letting me borrow it. And I love it! Thank you Rachel!!).

It was such a fun day and we are so enjoying getting to know the other students here at NTBI! We are looking forward to the other campus-wide events scheduled this year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill - It looks like Ivy had a great time playing and making a new friend:) Hope she is getting to feel better soon. Hope everything is going well for you with the two little ones and school. You are a very busy lady now!!Take care and see you all soon:) So, glad for fb and your blog. It's great way to stay in touch:)))) Love ya! Manjit

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time and also I never realized those swings were for 2 kids! Makes perfect sense though:)
love you
gma jan

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day. I can't believe Rachel didn't win the contest. Seems like that would be her kind of event.
Grandpa Jim

Jill said...

Manjit-we're so excited to see you in a couple weeks!

Mom-I never knew that either! It does make sense, though, since the kids aren't like flopping back and forth with 2 kids in it :) And Dad--you're right...she is the "weird game champion." :)