Aaron and I are so excited that we are having a boy in May! We think it's neat that Israel and the new baby will be "almost twins" since they will be the same age for three months out of each year.
However, one problem with having a boy is that we don't have a name that we absolutely love.
Ivy was easy to name, because "Ivy" was our favorite girl name.
And Israel was easy to name, because "Israel" was our favorite boy name.
We have another girl name that we LOVE...but we really don't have a boy name that we love. We do have two boy names that we like a lot...maybe one of them will continue to grow on us, but we're just not positive.
So...we're looking for boy name ideas. I do not enjoy looking through page after page of those huge baby name books... so I would love it if you would leave a comment and give some suggestions! However, please don't suggest a name that you want to use for a baby boy yourself! (because we just might use one of the suggestions!) :)
Here are the "guidelines" for our new boy name:
1. We do not want it to start with an "I". We want to break the "I" cycle before we get too "locked in" to it :)
2. We do want it to start with a vowel. We are leaning more toward a vowel-starting name, just because we think those usually sound better with Ivy and Israel than consonant-sounding names. (We haven't totally ruled out consonant-starting names, though.)
So... anyone have any ideas for an "A-E-O-or-U"-starting boy name?
Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
11 comments:
How about Oliver (Ollie for short)?
Asa is another name
Oliver is cute...I LOVE Asa, but I couldn't do that to Steve and Rachel (since they have an Asa) :)
Evan
Ethan
Owan/Owen
Oliver (I like this a lot!)
Orson/Orsen
Aiden
Avery
Allen
Just some that came to mind!
Atticus ^^ Alijah Ansel Olson Owen Ean Eitan Everly Yates these don't look so strange next to the really strange names like Yaholo... ;)
oh man, i'm so bad at names...i'm so uncreative!
i'll just wish you good luck! :)
I love the name Emerson.
the only one i can think of is Eli! Good luck!
Eliki - it's a Greek village - I just love the sound of it!
Thanks for the ideas, everyone! Our list of possiblities has now grown from two options to eight. We have our work cut out for us :)
Ultan...my friend has a 2 year old named ultan...he's darling! my only suggestiong as thinking up names is exhuasting :)
Post a Comment