Saturday, May 25, 2013

Abel's First Birthday


Today our baby turns one.


All day, I’ve been thinking about “one year ago right now…” and what was going on during each hour of the day.



This was our last picture together before he was born :)




I was SO anxious and excited to meet him, and it really was a great day! My labor was 12 hours from start to finish (can’t complain…especially for a first baby!), and at about 8:00 pm last May 25, I was looking at Abel’s face for the first time. I’ll never forget it. So, so thankful for this little guy.




It has been a whirlwind year…we have already moved three times since he was born, and he has been a trooper. He is so laid-back and pleasant…we’re so thankful for his easy-going attitude and infectious belly-laugh. He is so much fun to be with.



Here’s his progression throughout the year:



A few days old here…



And then each month. His hair has been his biggest change as far as looks go. It has gone from dark brown to white-blond. He’s also had a few haircuts throughout the year. What hasn't changed is his HUGE smile, though. :)














We are blessed and honored that God has entrusted us with our sweet Abel James. We love being his parents.



Happy birthday, Abel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my. what a sweet sweet little guy he is! I love you little Abel!!!
gma jan

nathan and rachel said...

LOVE that little boy! What a sweet nephew!!!

Anonymous said...

One of the happiest babies I have ever seen.
Grandpa Jim