Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Injection Time

I mentioned before that for our Field Health class, we learned how to do some practical, hands-on skills that we will possibly need to do overseas. One of those was to learn how to properly give an injection. 


What I was saying:
"Ahhhhh!!! I don't want to be the one to receive his first injection ever!! He's never done this before!! What if he does it wrong? Shouldn't he practice on an orange or something first?? Please don't hit my bone! And please just do it fast! But not too fast! Tell me when the needle is coming. Ahhhhh!"




What he was saying:
 (or what his expression was saying anyway...he actually didn't say anything)
"This is no big deal. I'm tough. I can take anything. Bring it on."





Yeah, we're pretty much pros now. :)


8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hahaha - what were the injections of?!?!

Jill said...

Just like saline solution or something...nothing that could have actually "gone wrong." :)

Anonymous said...

ugh. I would have been saying the same things you were!! It makes me cringe just looking at these pictures:)
gma jan

Amber R said...

I probably would have fainted dead away before I was able to do the injection!

Anonymous said...

If Aaron would have passed out, he never would have heard the end of it (really, I'm glad he didn't). I'm also glad you didn't as well. I think it would almost be harder to give the shot then to receive it.
Grandpa Jim

Amber said...

Brandon and I were laughing....we could totally hear both your reactions :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

love this!!

Anonymous said...

I think you were very brave. I guess I missed this blog yesterday. Enjoy your time with your Mom & Dad. Glad they got there safe. Enjoy the cookies. Love GGMA